I'll break down the different parts of my collection even though there isn't a lot to break down, the first category is face:
For my face I use four products which are:
1. Rimmel - Wake Me Up Foundation Shade 010 Light Porcelainhttp://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Wake-Me-Up-Make-Up-Foundation-30ml_1246748/
I like this foundation a lot because it has an illuminating effect, it contains vitamin C and has SPF 15. It has a medium coverage yet doesn't feel heavy on your face.
2. Collection - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer Shade 1 Fairhttp://www.boots.com/en/Collection-Lasting-Perfection-Concealer_1693350/
This is a really good concealer and I know so many other people who also love this. It says conceals for up to sixteen hours I've never tested this [let me know if you want me to do a blog post on testing how long products last compared to what they said] however it is certainly long lasting.
3. Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder Shade 001 Transparenthttp://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Stay-Matte-Pressed-Powder_1015573/
This powder is lovely to wear, it feels light on the skin and not at all cakey. It claims to last 5 hours [again I haven't properly tested this, it does last well though] and stops the face looking oily.
4. Sleek - Face Contour Kit Pressed Contouring Powder and Highlighter in One Shade 884 Light http://www.boots.com/en/Sleek-MakeUp-Face-Contour-Kit_1395740/
This is a great kit with a matte contour that defines the face and is easy to blend and a shimmery, illuminating highlight that can be a subtle glow or a strong shimmer on the face. The only downside of this product is that it's quite warm toned so is better for a bronzy glow rather than a defined, shadow like cool toned contour.
The second category is eyeshadow:
There is also 4 products in this category they are:
1. [Top left] Sleek - i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette Shade 578 Storm http://www.boots.com/en/Sleek-MakeUp-i-Divine-Eyeshadow-Palette-Storm_1395372/
These eyeshadows are amazing, so pigmented. With a good mix of neutrals and bright colours to play around with as well as a variety of mattes and shimmers. The photos of the swatches don't show how pigmented they actually are [I took the photo with my kindle as I am waiting to get my new camera:
2. [Top Right] I just want to say before I write about this product is that I don't agree with the ethics of this company and the conditions the factory workers are in but anyway. Also I got this palette a couple of years ago so I am not sure that it's still available.
Primark - 8 Shade Palette http://www.primark.com/en/product/8-shade-day-palette,r1732951420150104 [this isn't the exact palette but this is the nearest to it I could find, so this might be better quality]
I don't recommend this product as it has very low pigmentation, sorry Primark. I had to really dig into the eye shadow to get any colour pay-off. Although I have seen reviews on their more recent eyeshadows that seem a lot better [let me know if you want me to do a blog post on Primark makeup]
3. [Bottom Left] No7 - Stay Perfect Eyeshadow Shade 65 Trufflehttp://www.boots.com/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Eyeshadow_1273244/ [these aren't the exact same as mine but they are the closest available]
I don't use this eyeshadow very often because I forget I have it a lot as I usually just use my Sleek palette however it has a nice consistency and good pigmentation. I'll be using it more often.
4. [Bottom Right] Not sure where this is from but I'll write about it anyway. Make Me Up 4 Eyeshadows
These are nice colours and a good set of four as they include highlighter colours and also crease defining colours and they are neutral colours that would suit everyone however they have quite low but still ok pigmentation.
The next category is eyeliner and mascara:
There are six products in this category, they are:
1. Make Me Up Eye Pencil Black
Strong black colour and gentle on eyes. Fades out when touched, good for smoky eye however bad for long lasting eye liner.
2. Primark - Felt Tip Eye Liner http://www.primark.com/en/product/black-ps-felt-eyeliner-pen,r35397119142680
Good felt tip brush although it's quite wide so not very precise. Slightly grey-ish black which is annoying.
3. L'Oreal - Super Liner Mat-Matic http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-Super-Liner-Eye-Liner-Gelmatic_1378539/
It's very long lasting and says it's waterproof [haven't tested this but I can for another blog post] However the liner has to be pressed down very hard for there to be any product which is not good for applying to the eyes.
4. Primark - Liquid Eye Liner http://www.primark.com/en/product/black-liquid-eyeliner,r1732971120150104
Good, strong black colour and thin precise brush however the consistency is quite lumpy.
5. Make Me Up Mascara
As this is a small/sample size I use it as a bottom lash mascara, it stays well and makes the lashes stand out.
6. Maybelline - Lash Sensational Mascara Black http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Lash-Sensational-Lash-Multiplying-Mascara-9-5ml_1655586/
I love this mascara it makes the lashes look longer and create the look of more, fluttery lashes. I know so many people who use and love this mascara. I highly recommend it ☺.
And the final category is lips I only have three lip products they are:
1. Make Me Up Lip Gloss Red
Loses the redness when on lips so it ends up just being a slightly pink shine and it's quite sticky however it does smell nice if that's something you're looking for in a lip gloss☺.
2. Primark - Moisture Rich Lipstick Shade Romancehttp://www.primark.com/en/product/moisture-rich-lipstick-bright-pink,r35397119135064 [not the exact shade]
It has Vitamin E and Shea Butter in it so it is very moisturising [as the name suggests]. It is a nice colour and is well pigmented.
3. Nivea - Soft Rose Lip Balm http://www.superdrug.com/Nivea/Nivea-Lip-Care-Soft-Rose-4-8g/p/559047
This feels nourishing on the lips and smells like a rose garden it also has a nice pink tint to it which is good for subtle colour.
Hope you enjoyed reading my review on my products. I could do something similar but for skincare. What would you like my next blog post to be about? I could do makeup or more lifestyle, let me know. ☺
Love Lozza xx