My Five Favourite Books
Reading is something I have a real passion for I'm always reading a book and always have a list of books I want to read. I find it amazing that you can be in the completely same place as when you started reading but be in a completely new world or part of this world that you've never seen or thought of before so here I have compiled a list of my top five favourite books :
1. We Were Liars by E Lockhart - This book is incredible I read this twice in 2 days it is moving, brilliant and shocking but also so normal, so relatable but in a way so unimaginable. This is so thought-provoking but written in a way that thoughts that aren't normal become so simple and almost understandable, I could not sing enough praises for this book. I can't explain what it's about because I'm scared I'll give too much away. Seriously, just read it.
2. The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin - This is so deeply unforgettable, so inspiring and shows the extents people go to be true to their friendship but in their own way. It shows what people will do to be remembered to well no, to remind other people who they are and the obsessions which can drive people to do things they would never normally do.
3. Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard - This is so rung with truth and deeper meanings, the realities of things that media and people have made to seem beautiful or almost glamorous when they are cruel, ugly and painful. This book is the most beautiful portrayal of friendship, life and dynamics. I want someone to make this into a film but without changing any of it. It's unbelievably real.
4. The Hunger Games Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - This book is so eerily inspiring and incredible. It makes you truly wonder about the world, who we are and what our place in society is. I think everyone should read this not just seen the films even though they are also incredible. It is definitely worth reading this whole book for the last line of the book and the last line of the epilogue, if I had written this I would feel like I had achieved everything, it is literary genius.
5. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - This book is so beautiful and I completely see why people have said it's the next Fault In Our Stars ( a book which is on my want to read list but I have seen the film, it's amazing ) but I think this book is amazing in it's own right. The story is so moving and you feel a deep connection to the characters. It shows the brutality of some lives and the background that builds people into who they are and what they do.
Thanks for reading, I would love to hear if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them and if you have any recommendations for other books I should read.
Love Lozza xx